Taking inspiration from kokeshi (traditional Japanese dolls made of wood), the medium-capacity Kokeshi Doll Kyoto Bento Box | Geiko box will bring a smile to your face! A Bento&co original design featuring a geiko, (traditional Japanese courtesan from Kyoto) in an elegant purple and pink kimono.
What we love about it:
- Adorable Geiko (geisha) design that looks great, whether on your desk at lunchtime, or on display in your home.
- 2 tier design, topped with an inverted bowl that looks like a charming hat/headpiece for the bento box!
- Included bowl can be used to enjoy hot soup at mealtime (just pack some freeze-dried miso soup, or other instant soup with your bento!)
- Includes an elastic band to hold everything together
Details & Care
Total capacity: 640ml. Each closed compartment holds 200ml, and the bowl can hold up to 240ml.
The upper compartment has a domed, leak-resistant inner lid. However, we recommend not packing soupy/liquidy foods to prevent any spills.
Dimensions: 10 cm diameter x 13 cm (3.9″x 5.12″)
Material: PET-ABS. BPA-free
- Microwave safe with lids removed (3 min at 500W or 2 min at 1000W)
Hand-washing recommended. (The manufacturer has specified that this item is dishwasher safe, with liquid soap specifically, and not dishwashing tablets. However, as American/European dishwashers are often stronger than Japanese dishwashers, we recommend hand-washing just to ensure the hand-painted details do not come off).
Do not place in the oven or near an open flame.
Made in Ishikawa, Japan