Inspired by the traditional Japanese octagon handle shape, this series even features a softly twisted octagon design for a more secure grip, which is a part of special design of JKC. The blade displays 69 layers of Damascus steel in a stunning way. Core steel refers to the 25% of components that make up the centre of layers. Two steel layers of varying hardness make up the remaining 75% of the components. Both core steel’s sides are compressed alternately with soft and hard steel. By using specific techniques, the blade is made to resemble wave patterns. Core is made of VG-10 stainless steel. VG-10 is a somewhat tougher material, with an HRC (a measure of steel’s hardness) of roughly 60. As a result of its resistance to wear, steel retains its sharpness for longer. Pakkawood is made of resin-compressed thin wood layers. This element makes the material more resilient than natural wood. The stunning, incredibly sturdy, easily cleanable, and Naturally finished White Pakkawood handle offers comfort and the ideal balance. Please Note: The handle colour varies from light to quite deep ochre.
- Avoid chopping hard ingredients such as bones, frozen food, or any rock-solid items. Not dishwasher safe.
These knives are quite easy to sharpen on an M150 Water Wheel, fine diamond steel, and up to 4000 or below grit
SANTOKU (San – 3 & Toku – benefit): This is the classic Japanese chef’s knife. It is flat from the handle end for about ½ way to the tip and then gently curves to a point. It is ideal for straight vertical chopping, horizontal slicing and roll cutting. Function – Multi-purpose chef knife. For Slicing, Dicing and Mincing of vegetables, meat and fish. Normal length – 165mm to 180mm (smaller 140mm are available in a few collections) Tip: The 170mm/180mm is the most popular multipurpose knife